We just ended 3 hectic working weeks in Alor and are quite satisfied with the job we did, especially since we were under heavy rain during first 2 weeks.
Here is a list of major jobs and changes:
- completely changed the roof structure of our restaurant as it was heavily eaten by termites. Apart from little extension above the food serving tables, we kept the same dimensions of the roof. The work is well done and we thank to local carpenters who were often wet from rain in order to get the job done on time! The wood we used is suppose to be termite resistant but only time can test this statement 😛
- renovated the bathrooms of 2 bungalows
- changed the last two old wooden floors in bungalows into a tile floor. We know that many of you appreciate the wood under your feet but those tiny wood eaters got to us! HOWEVER: the spacious terraces are still all wood, so its a nice compromise…
- furnished and installed the bamboo frames for new mosquito nets, that will completely embrace the bed.
- did a lot of sewing, making few new sets of bungalow curtains, that were also starting to show the wear and tear of passing time.
This will be just prior to opening a new season, so we expect Alor Divers team to be « pumped up » for welcoming our first 2014 guests! 😉